What a fabulous, fabulous weekend Traci got to have with her dad!! We made it down to Durham with no problems to take in the Duke Blue Devils - Miami Hurricanes basketball game. (Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to Mike for making this happen!!!) This was monumental to Traci for so many reasons: finally getting to see her beloved Blue Devils in the House that K (Basically) Built, getting to spend a fun weekend with just her dad, and - for the first time in nearly a year - getting a quick breather from the kids.
Of course, I couldn't drive all the way down to North Carolina without stopping in to see my dear childhood friend, Katherine. She just had a baby last November, so it was nice to hold a tiny, calm baby who I didn't have to change or feed!
As for the game itself, we had soooo much fun. If you are a sports fan out there, I highly recommend trying to get to Cameron Indoor at least once in your lifetime, especially if K is still coach. The atmosphere in the tiny arena is just ELECTRIC from beginning to end, especially if the home team wins a close one as they did last night. My dad and I took in everything: all of the decorations around the arena, the championship banners, the band music, the Cameron Crazies. Definitely a trip that we'll remember forever!
March 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment