Last week was a rough one in our house. Mike was out of the country for work from Sunday to Friday night, so Traci had no reinforcements for dealing with the three kiddos. Katie, God love her, is finally starting to show some spunk and push-back against us, most likely a result of her peer influence. She has also really honed her Big-Sister-Getting-Under-Your-Skin act with Michael. As for Michael, he is just hitting the Trying Threes at full stride. His whining and defiance levels may be at an all-time high... And, then there's sweet, little Neve. She may just be an innocent infant, but her middle-of-the-night wake-ups and increasing separation anxiety are not!
Buuuuuuuut...just when you think you can't handle anything more from those you love the most, they step up big time. Katie always has the afternoon off on Mondays from Kindergarten, so I was gearing up for another crazy afternoon with all three kids. Instead, the two "Bigs" decided that they really do love each other and enjoy each others' company. I put up a play tent for them in the living room, and they became so immersed in pretend play that I was able to settle down for a nap on the couch!! (Neve, of course, was snoozing away upstairs.) When I woke up, Katie had gotten out a bunch of art supplies so that she and Michael could quietly draw together. Bravo, bravo...encore!!!
November 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment