May 8, 2015
"Fifi"
Good to see this old bird at this afternoon's flyover. "Fifi," a B-29 Superfortress, is one of only a few surviving in existence and the only one currently flying as of June 2014. It is owned by the Commemorative Air Force, an organization that my dad, Mike Sr., enjoyed and gave years of his talents to when I was a kid. In fact, growing up, Dad and I climbed into the cockpit of Fifi and at least one of the other warbirds that flew over today. Pretty sure he would have found some way to be in D.C. this weekend if he was still around. Miss you, Dad, but thanks for holding the tails up this afternoon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Mike, I have those memories of Dad and Fifi too.
Yes, Dad would have found a way to get to D.C.
Love, Kathy
Post a Comment