Today, at one of our favorite playgrounds, he started taking his jet ski ride-on down a rather steep sidewalk toward a big concrete area. I only let him go halfway up at first, and he had to demonstrate to me that he could apply his foot brakes at will. He was executing everything perfectly and with caution, so I finally let him zoom the whole way down from the top. He was in such heaven that he must have done it at least 100 times. Unfortunately, a group of older kids joined in, with a lot more reckless abandon than that which I had previously drilled into his head. Once he saw them going down the hill as fast as they could go, he had to do it, too. Unluckily for all of us, I had moved on to tending to Neve and didn't see his derring do skills. Lo and behold, I suddenly heard him bawling and holding his hand. I have no idea what happened, but the thumb must have taken the brunt of the fall. Poor little dude. He chose Daddy to take him to the ER, and all reports show that he was so brave and never cried at all. We have now drawn a motorcycle on his temporary splint and await the real cast.
So......does anybody have any suggestions on what to do with a kid in a cast at the beach?


1 comment:
So do they know you by site now? It's not funny, but we had friends with similar situation. Their son had many fractures and one summer day they took oldest son in for yet another break and next day brought youngest son in with a break caused from rough housing. Try to have a good summer!
Post a Comment